Web Feet Communications has a growing work environment, and we are looking for gifted and talented employees who want to learn a new skill and are not afraid of a challenge. As an intern, you will work closely with the president of the company, while working on numerous projects that will help Web Feet Communications become a well-respected company in the public relations industry.
Our ideal candidate is someone who walks into a room of people and does not leave without making at least one new friend. This person is someone who is extremely creative and knowledgeable in their chosen field of study.
What You Will Learn:
- How to create a long-term marketing plan and calendar.
- Relationship building with our online community by maintaining Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other media accounts.
- How to track social media analytics using Hoot Suite and other software, and report results and new ideas to the president
- Assist the president in building and presenting a marketing strategy for new and existing partners.
- Plenty of additional opportunities in related projects.
What We Require:
- Background in Marketing, Communications, Graphics Design or other related discipline.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
- Creative and Flexible.
- Familiarity with e-mail, and social media marketing
- Interest in establishing and maintaining the web presence for small businesses and nonprofit organizations and community development for the same.
We are very supportive of our interns, because we want them to have a valuable learning experience, which will help them achieve their career goals.
You will become knowledgeable in project management, email, and social media marketing, and understanding the right tactics to use when meeting the goals of our partners. You will also learn how to work independently with supervision as needed while working remotely.
The position begins March 1, 2017 and ends May 31, 2017. You are expected to work 15 hours a week. This will be an unpaid position, but a stipend will be provided at the end of the assignment.
A laptop is required for this position, and a small printer is preferred but can be provided for you if one is not available.
To apply please submit your cover letter, resume, and two writing examples (PDF) to Angela Burruss at email@example.com.